Scheduling Changes-Effective Fall 2023
A new course coding scheme will go into effect beginning in Fall 2023.
The new course coding scheme consists of the following components:
DD NNNN SS TT GG
· DD = Department (2 digits)
· NNNN = Course Number (4 digits)
· SS = Section Number (2 digits)
· TT = Meeting Type (2 digits)
· GG = Group (2)
Department Code and Course Number code will remain the same.
Section Number Codes
· Section Number Designation (01-99)
Meeting Type Codes
· RF – Residential Focus Session Course
· IP – In Person Course
· OS – Online Synchronous Course
· OA – Online Asynchronous Course
· HY – Hybrid Course
· TR – Travel Course
· NG – No Groups
· PS – Primary Section of a Grouped Course
· PS – RFS courses
· PS – Hybrid course in person section
· GS – Hybrid course online synchronous section
· GA, GB, GC, …, GZ – Group Designation (A-Z)
All courses that were previously referred to as Lab, Precept, or Formation Group will now be referred to as Group.
A separate registration for RFS extended sessions will no longer be needed! The extended session will be included in the RFS course schedule.
The Parent-Child functionality in Jenzabar will allow us to create cross listed courses. Hybrid courses and RFS courses with two different extended session modalities will utilize the Parent-Child functionality.
Academic Course Infographic.pdf