Skip To Content

You are here:  Resources > Student Services

New residential and commuter students are invited to participate in Luther Seminary's Orientation which takes place on Tuesday, August 29-Thursday, August 31, 2017. International Students are required to attend.
Orientation is an experience filled with community building, while sharing important information to support you as a student/scholar making the transition to theological education and Christian public leadership.
The Immunization Form is required of all students and must be completed by the end of your first semester. International Students will indicate this information on the Certificate of Health sent by ISSA prior to your arrival on campus.
Student Affairs
Luther Seminary
2481 Como Ave. 
St. Paul, MN 55108
Minnesota Law (M.S. 135A.14) requires that all students born after 1956 and enrolled in a public or private post-secondary school in Minnesota be immunized against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specified exemptions. This form is designed to provide the school with the information required by the law and will be available for review by the Minnesota Department of Health and the local community health board.
Pictured ID cards are made for all registered students in the Office of Technology - Bockman Hall 7.
They serve as:
  • Picture identification,
  • Your library card to check out books, and
  • Dining service declining balance debit card.  Pre-pay a minimum of $25 in Dining Services or Business Office.
Replacement cards:
  • Cards lost or stolen have a $10 replacement fee, broken or damaged have a $2 replacement fee. Payment made in Business Office
  • Replacement cards available without a new photo from Office of Technology.
Students who are not regularly on campus:
  • DL students should get a photo ID card during their first intensive visit to campus
  • Part-time or commuter students should call Office of Technology (651-641-3462) to make arrangements for a photo ID.  Non-regular hours are available at the beginning of each semester.
Background checks are required of all students in every degree program by the end of their first semester.
There is more than one method to fulfill this requirement:
  • Ask your ELCA candidacy committee or denominational judicatory body to send a copy of a recent background check to Luther Seminary, Dean of Students office.
  • Complete a background check by logging into CastleBranch and follow the instructions. Students will click on the ‘Place Order’ button in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Next, enter the Package Code LU20 in the box to continue with the process.
  • International Students: International students who were granted a student visa by a U.S. Consulate or Embassy and have not previously been in the U.S. may have fulfilled this requirement; contact the International Student and Scholar Affairs (ISSA) office to verify.
Workshops are required of every student in a every degree program.  Completion of a Boundaries workshop is required before placement in a contextual learning site/internship. Free workshops are offered several times each year.  Documentation of successful participation is to be kept on file in the Dean of Students office.
Because the Affordable Care Act has increased the health insurance options for students, Luther no longer offers its own student policy. Instead, students have multiple options for obtaining coverage:  
  • As a covered dependent under a group health policy of a spouse or of parents if under age 26.
  • An individual policy purchased directly from a private health insurer.
  • An individual policy purchased through the Marketplace at
  • Medicaid or other government programs if you qualify, based on your state of residence. 
All international students are required to have adequate medical insurance coverage throughout their time in the United States; details will be communicated by the Office of International Student and Scholar Affairs.